Back from Asia. Culture shock galore.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Stalker

I can't believe I've neglected this blog for so long. It's pitiful. But since it's starting to look a lot like winter today and the beginning of a new season is as good a time as any for resolutions, I've decided to try and write at least twice a week. Also, my slackness does have a root cause. I'm officially employed. I almost wrote unemployed there because the word is burned into my brain... but that ship has sailed -- I'm EMPLOYED. Proudly, properly employed. More on my new job later. I have other pressing matters to address. The Stalker.

Ok, so in the past week or so someone has been sending me disturbing and inappropriate text messages. He's an old student -- a lawyer from Mexico City. Him and I went out for some innocent drinks a while back as a farewell celebration to me since I had finished my teaching job. I didn't think much of it except that he was noticeably lonely and a bit on the Latino aggressive side (somewhat rude behavior towards servers and vocal homophobia). He sent me a few innocent text messages afterwards, "hola," "hi," "what's up." I wasn't concerned... until three days ago when this dozy popped up on my screen, "I lost my teddy bear. Can I sleep with you?" You have to be freakin kidding me. I immediately erased the message out of panic and disgust but now regret that hasty move cause I want to show people the evidence of his weirdness. I was going to set him up with my friend who's studying Spanish...that plan has been aborted. I think my pity of the foreigners is gone. I think my reintegration home may be complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home